Autumn, for me, is about starting afresh. It follows the end of the summer period where I have had time to relax, to reflect, to listen to my inner self and to have let the dust settle in. It is about pressing the “start” button again without leaving things to chance to just happen. It is about being bold, alert, self-aware and mindful to turn my summer discussions, reflections and personal searches into specific actions that will nourish my mind, body and soul.
Autumn, for me, is about making choices. Conscious choices to carefully select the building blocks of my life for the coming months – until the next summer comes and I give myself a break again to recharge my batteries. Choices about what to keep, what to grow further, what to add, what to eliminate and consciously chop away.
I look at my list of choices and I am ready to put all of myself to them. Oh! I can’t wait to:
- Attend Philosophy classes in the Polytechnic university of Athens and add more philosphy books to my reading
- Continue to attend the English-speaking Book Club
- Start bridge lessons
- Swim in the sea as far as I can go in the winter
- Take daily walks
- Continue attending greek folklore dance lessons together with my mother
- Grow myself and others through Parallaxis
- Spend quality time with selective friends and family – combining cultural activities as much as possible
- Help my mother (and myself ) to fill the gap that my grandmother’s death brought
- Keep on loving the cats that surround my life 😉
- Attempt to plant and grow a mango tree in the garden